Monday, June 10, 2013

4/28/2013. - Day 33 - Got a good truck that gets me down the highway; Everything is perfect, or so it seems.

4/28/2013. - Day 33 - Got a good truck that gets me down the highway; Everything is perfect, or so it seems.

I awoke early Sunday morning and headed to church. This particular Sunday I had picked a Lutheran Church in Carrollton TX, called Grace Lutheran. During the service I sat beside a woman who’s best friend, like my college roommate, Jamie, whom I would see in two days, was from Devils Lake. She then introduced me to a man from Rugby, ND, just a quick 40 minutes away from my hometown. Everyone at Grace was warm and friendly and I thoroughly enjoyed the service. It’s funny how big the world seems and yet in an instant we can find we are connected to one another in such strange ways.

I like it when God shows us little things like that.

I said my goodbyes to Donna--for the second time--and then headed for the open road once again. First was Shreveport, LA. The city glittered in the sunlight as I passed through and I thought I should like to stop there sometime and look around. It looked shiny and new from the interstate, with the sunlight reflecting off the tall shimmering structures. 

Next came Jackson, Mississippi and I then pointed south down the heel of the boot. Evening was closing in quick as I drove through some farming areas. 







By nightfall I was creeping up on Mobile Alabama, a city where it appeared that they like to light the tops of some of the taller buildings in neon colors. Very pretty to look at under cover of darkness as I slipped through the sleeping metropolis. 














I made my way to the Florida state line, I entered a tunnel and had a strange sensation while going through it. I later discovered it was George Wallace Tunnel, and it goes underwater. And that is neat.






I drove for what seemed like many miles across a highway bordered by water on both sides. If I hadn't been so tired I’d have been slightly upset that it wasn't daylight. It would have been nice to see these sights with a little more light. 

I wanted to at least get into Florida before stopping for the night, and finally I focused on a sign for the Florida welcome center. I guess it’s car camping again tonight and the beaches of Pensacola tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment