Wednesday, April 27, 2016

5/28/2013. - Day 63 - Maybe, tomorrow, I'll find my way home...

5/28/2013. - Day 63 - Maybe, tomorrow, I'll find my way home...

Sleep eludes me again tonight. My coffee date for the morning was cancelled due to my friend Julia being ill, but even the extra hour brings no rest. Grandpa and I load the bike early that afternoon and I begin the familiar drive. It’s not as hard this time, as I feel I will be able to return soon, but it’s still more time on the road than I’d like. Driving away is never easy. Driving away from my grandparents is the worst. 


I reach Grand Forks in time for dinner with my friends, Brian and Allison. I get to see their new home and all the fun they have had updating and decorating it. I’m not sure they would concede it was “fun” but I think it looks exciting. I comment on how spacious the home is and Brian answers he has purchased it to grow with him for the future, "you know, in case things...come along." Allison and I exchange glances and Allison asks if Moose is having puppies? The subject is dropped. **Spoiler Alert: ALLISON AND BRIAN GET MARRIED. 
Moose: Not a girl. Not having puppies. 

We enjoy a fantastic steak dinner compliments of our BBQ chef Brian and spend the remainder of the evening visiting. I’m constantly reminded of how wonderful it’s been to see so many friends on this trip, even though my time always seems so short. I so cherish the conversations, and appreciate the generosity of so many of the people in my life letting me into their homes, and into their hearts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment