Wednesday, April 27, 2016

5/27/2013. - Day 62 - Well it’s all over now and it sure is Monday.

5/27/2013. - Day 62 - Well it’s all over now and it sure is Monday.

The rest of the world is on holiday today, but since we are all retired here, it’s just like any day. And any day, as my grandpa says, is like a Saturday when you are retired. Lana and I have very specific plans for this day though, plans that involve shopping and holiday sales and all matter of pretty things. We also pick out some special items for me to take home for the girls. 

Eden will be 3 Saturday, June 1st, the only date of importance for basically this entire trip as this is the date I must be home by. Eden may not remember turning three, but I will remember if I miss it.
We choose some dresses for the girls and a few books and add those to the pile of spoils we will bring home. 

I am furiously trying to write as much as possible while not missing a bit of the action and adventure that is mine for the taking on this trip. I am constantly writing in my head, and then subsequently scribbling onto scraps of paper or the covers of magazines so that I don’t forget my ideas. Sometimes I’m even smart enough to type them into the notes section on my iPhone so that I can at least have a hope of discovering them and incorporating them into this long story I’ve been spinning for two months.

Dinner is ready so I wrap up a paragraph and feel a tinge of despair at all the writing I long to get out onto these pages. I’m so far behind. I reason that I am glad to have had the adventures I did and figure I have forever and a day to write it all down. That’s if I can remember half of it!

I enjoy a final supper of sorts with my grandparents tonight. Tomorrow I will have to actually pack my stuff, which I haven’t really started, load the bike, and get out of dodge.


No comments:

Post a Comment