Sunday, March 31, 2013

3/29/2013. - Day 3 - Joy(works) of Shopping. Bothell & Snohomish.


3/29/2013. - Day 3 -  Joy(works) of Shopping.

Bothell & Snohomish.


Definitely slept in today. Mom and Dad (aka Kristen and Scott, my dear friends who are housing me right now) had to work. They keep a healthy supply of cold cereal and pop tarts here-and blue Powerade in their wine rack—so I had sustenance until Kristen came home from work.
Prior to Kristen’s arrival, I had a brilliant idea to go through the pickup, organize the crazy amount of gear I brought with, and bring in the necessary items.  And then it happened. One false move and everything went wrong. I had grabbed the essentials out, and then reached way inside the cab, twisting into an unnatural form and straining to reach one final item….and ZING!  The stretching and twisting movement forced the metal button on my jeans to fly off of my pants with enough force to shoot someone’s eye out. All those years of pop tarts, PB&J, and candy bars coupled with trying to contort my body just to grasp a final pair of flip flops without climbing into the cab-- and my 25 year winning streak of being a champion of metabolism came to a screeching halt. Massive fail.




 I spent the rest of the afternoon sulking and then jumped at the chance to take the pups for a walk so that I could feel better about getting in some exercise. Later, Kristen and I went to Snohomish to see her school, and their new –surprise!—house! We peeped on the workers putting the new roof on for a few minutes and then took off for downtown Snohomish.







Fact: Snohomish downtown area = enchanting little piece of shopper’s heaven. Good thing Kristen was with to curb the spending spree I was tempted to engage in. Gorgeous little shops and tons of variety to be found!
 




We headed home then and I, yes I, procured a tasty dinner of grilled cheeses and tomato soup. Scott and I went to Target later to get egg dye to commemorate the Easter holiday with some youthful fun.  Even though I instigated this, I’m pretty sure the Lynch’s are almost as excited as I am!












No comments:

Post a Comment