Monday, January 18, 2016

5/19/2013. - Day 54 - Sunday: I'm just blowin' smoke.

5/19/2013. - Day 54 - Sunday: I'm just blowin' smoke.

Sunday has come again and this time I'm going to The Vineyard in Duluth. Upon arriving, I'm excited to learn that the Blessing of the Bikes will be next week! This is an event in which riders from all over take their motorcycles to church. It's a really neat opportunity to bring groups of people together that might not normally congregate. When the Vineyard was a young church, I attended this event in the Lakeside location in 2008. It rained but it was still a well attended event. Combining chrome and Christ? Genius.

Later I meet up with Amy at the mall to do some shopping for necessities and of course some non essentials. I absolutely LOVED the dance performances last night and thanked again her for the invite. Amy has danced and taught dance for many years, and up until yesterday I had never been able to see her work. It was so moving to be there and I hope I can take in another event like that at some point.

Today is short on reportable news, which I'm coming to really like and appreciate; simplicity and nothing going on has been easy on my soul. Spending time in one of my favorite places, with two of my favorite people (Lana & Grandpa) doesn't hurt either.

No comments:

Post a Comment