Monday, January 18, 2016

5/18/2013. - Day 53 - I Hope You Dance

5/18/2013. - Day 53 - I Hope You Dance...



I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean,
Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens,
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance,
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance.
I hope you dance....I hope you dance



Couch potato was our name and lounging was our game on Saturday at my grandparents' house. Contrary to what you might believe, retirement actually seems to get busier than regular life, because you suddenly can do whatever you want so you pack in all your favorite things to every single day...and you get exhausted. I happen to be fond of my grandparents' couch, like really fond, and I'm not ashamed that I sat/napped on it most of the day.

Later Saturday evening, I attended a dance performance at UMD. My good friend Amy has worked with a dance studio for years, and they were presenting all age groups in multiple performances that night. There were tiny little tumbling toddlers right up to high school ladies twirling around. It was spectacular. I rather enjoy the fine arts and since Amy helped with some of the younger girls' dance routines, it was extra cool to see her work
.

Caroline, myself, and Amy - a few of 2008's Finest.
At the conclusion of the dance recital, Amy and I met up with another of our former Northland Country Club co workers, Caroline. In 2008, I spent my entire summer soaking up the sun in Duluth working for "the Club" as a swimming instructor, lifeguard, and poolside server. I also specialized in eating candy, hot dogs, and slushes from the concession stand, and consuming large amounts of fries and grilled cheeses from the kitchen. It was heaven. Amy was the leader of our lifeguard gang, and Caroline also worked with us in the business of saving lives and helping kids put on arm floaties. Somehow it seems Old Chicago has slowly become my venue of choice in Canal Park, so we gather there and reminisce as well as catch up on the new and exciting aspects of our now "adult" lives. I can't believe I just said that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment