Sunday, September 1, 2013

5/6/2013. - Day 41 - Who Wouldn't Wanna Be Me

5/6/2013. - Day 41 -
Who Wouldn't Wanna Be Me

Got no money in my pocket... I got a hole in my jeans...
Had a job and I lost quit it, but it won't get to me....

(Setting) Running low on cash, running high on life. No plans, no commitments. Just sunshine and time.

As a general rule, when I visit Charleston, or anywhere for that matter, I always have a detailed agenda and structure my time accordingly. Since this trip has no beginning and no end, each day I do whatever the heck I wanna do [GOSH].

So that's what I did today. It was finally sunny. I roamed around, took the bike for a spin, cased out the local beaches, and settled on Isle of Palms. If you skip any day of this blog, skip today. It was a day of relaxation and nothingness. Unless of course you really want to read about someone who's life is absolutely carefree because you need inspiration--then by all means, read on.

I reached Isle of Palms around low tide and immediately began my beach combing. About me: I LOVE beach combing. And it is the only thing in the entire world that I have utmost and unending patience for. I could walk the beach for hours, literally. I absolutely love it.

Today's spoils are particularly fun. I have collected about a dozen sand dollars which I found in a small ridge of sand and shallow water near the beach. I have also found a few interesting shells to take home. I'm elated at the sand dollar find though; a dozen perfect specimens. It's like winning the beach lottery. I'm looking forward to giving them as gifts to my friends at home and hoping they treasure them like I do!

I spend a large part of the day sitting in the sun and thinking about how cold and snowy it is in ND. And laughing a little. I just love Charleston and all it has to offer and today is simply perfect. I return home to socialize with Dodger and greet Jamie. We do a little evening shopping and settle easily into our evening routine on the couch. It's the kind of comfort and familiarity I've been dreaming of and it couldn't be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment