Tuesday, September 16, 2014

5/15/2013. - Day 50 - You really DON'T need those fancy sunglasses with the flip up lenses, let me show you...

5/15/2013. - Day 50 -
You really DON'T need those fancy sunglasses with the flip up lenses, let me show you...

Today I had a lunch date at El Loro with the one and only Buddha, my dear friend Donna Gray. It was a late lunch of course, as neither of us are fond of early mornings. The day began late as it was, since I have nothing too important to rise early for. Later that morning, or rather early that afternoon, the black escalade rolled up to the townhouse and Donna emerged from the driver's seat. She agreed to take Lola out for a walk since I was nervous about it. Watching Dodger, a sturdy mixed breed, is much different than caring for a tiny chewenie. I didn't want to break her.

Buddha and I enjoyed some Mexican food at El Loro and then made our way to MOA. Donna revealed that she wanted me to be a life sized model in place of another mutual friend who was in need of some competition outfits for an upcoming pageant. As part of her plan, she fed me then lured me to Bloomingdales under the guise of shopping. After that it was all "squeeze into this suit so I can see what it looks like". We sure know how to have a great time.

After spending about an hour or two trying on all sorts of lovely fabrics, Donna delivered me back to the townhouse. I was home just in time to catch Tyler arriving from work. He made some comment about how he is going running and I suggested that since it's nice out we go outside. Calm down, I didn't suggest I would run with him; I took my rollerblades.

I showed Tessie how to use sunglasses when you can't or
don't want to wear your contacts: put your regular
sunglasses OVER the top of your glasses. Ta-dah!
Tyler and I enjoyed a brisk tour of their neighborhood during our brief bout with exercise. Honestly watching him run made me tired and a little sick inside. I'll never be a runner. But we did have a nice conversation before returning home. Tessie had already arrived when we returned and suggested we gather at a favorite restaurant of theirs, Jensen's Cafe. We enjoyed breakfast for dinner, a fave of mine since childhood, and some much welcomed late afternoon sun on the patio.

We relaxed on the couch to the tune of a few episodes of Dexter that evening. This whole peaceful family routine is something I could get used to. I'm thankful again for the time I'm able to spend on this trip with friends who have welcomed me into their homes, into their lives, and into their family.

No comments:

Post a Comment